Many of Austin's houses of worship would LOVE to protect Creation by installing solar panels, helping to meet their energy needs in a green, renewable way! Yet many of these same congregations have yet to take the plunge. If you belong to one of these "on the fence" communities, then you know that the best intentions can get bogged down in all kinds of confusing questions:
- How can we deal with the startup costs?
- How much will we really save on our electric bill?
- What's the current status of rebates and other government incentives?
- How can Austin Energy help us?
- What are the congregational politics of such a project and how can they be dealt with?
- How do we choose a contractor?
Interfaith Environmental Network of Austin Has Answers!
St. David's Episcopal, Austin
Early Solar Installation Photo
Congregation Beth Israel, Austin
Interfaith Environmental Network of Austin is proud to present our Fall Symposium:
What: Symposium: "It's Time For Your Congregation To Go Solar!"
When: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 7 to 8:30 p.m
Where: St. David's Episcopal Church, 301 E. 8th Street, Austin, TX
The evening's program will feature:
- Leslie Libby of Austin Energy on installing solar.
- Volunteer solar project leaders from three Austin congregations telling the stories of their community's journey to solar energy.
- Time for discussion and visits with representatives of three solar contractors who have completed congregational projects in Austin:
Meridian Solar, Lighthouse Solar and Texas Solar Power
- Fellowship and networking with members of other congregations!